Sunday, August 09, 2009

Two wrongs make a right!

Mathematically, two negatives (multiplied) make a positive. But do two mistakes or two wrongs make a right? A recent incident has made me ponder over this theory.

It was evening and I was about to leave office, waiting for the elevator in the lobby when I heard a senior colleague (SC) calling, "Vivek, which car do u have - is it an 800?".

Me: "I drive a Wagon-R, any problem, ma'am?"

SC: "No, I've left my car key inside the car (Mistake no. 1), just wanted to check if some other key could help. Do you know anyone with an 800?"

Me: "XYZ and PQR bring 800 to office, but they would've left office by now. We can try using my key or else I know how to open the door using a ruler - let me see if I can help you out."

We went to the lower basement taking along a chauffeur who drove an 800 and had met us in the upper basement.

A few tries with the two keys on both the front doors and the boot lid did not help. The only course left was to slit open the rubber lining on the window and use a ruler to unlock the door.

I was about to go to my cubicle to get a ruler when the chauffeur who was accompanying us shouted - "The rear door is open, you forgot to lock it madam!" (Mistake no. 2)

"wOw, what a blunder!", I said to myself with a smile on my face and bid farewell to the SC.

Coming upstairs to the upper basement I mused over the incident and muttered, "Two mistakes can actually make a right!"

Wish life was indeed that way - two wrongs/mistakes making a right!

3 comments:

Incognito_River said...

Good one!

Yogesh Goel said...

lol..
khali vivek ke hi dimaag se aisa aa sakta tha....
and it did...
wow
u cracked the greatest mystries ever man..
kudos...

ygoel.com

Unknown said...

nice!!!