Sunday, August 02, 2009

Top 13 food items I miss from Kolkata

Mumbai is a good city and I truly like it. But when it comes to food (apart from ice-creams), I can hardly compare it with Kolkata. After having left Kolkata 13 months ago, here are the top 13 (in no particular order) food items I miss from Kolkata:
  1. Bhel Puri @ Belurmath.
  2. Garam Samosa and Faluda Kulfi @ Tiwari Sweets [counted as 2 separate food items].
  3. Garam Rosogullas at night from Shreedhar (local bengali sweet shop near my place).
  4. Pure veg dinner @ Gangaur (Park Street).
  5. Doodh-ThumbsUp @ Bhawanipur (Sardarji's dhaba beside the gurudwara).
  6. Sabji Kachori and Jalebi @ Sharma's in Bhawanipur [counted as 2 separate food items].
  7. Chole Bhature @ Mission Cafe.
  8. Chilla @ Vardaan.
  9. Pav-bhaji @ Mayaram and Kanishka.
  10. 'As You Like It' ice-cream @ India's Hobby Centre (Park Street).
  11. and finally....Puchka (pani puri, as called in Mumbai) @ any damn place in Kolkata.
Am I missing something? Not in the list - but I'm missing the people with whom I used to have these food items (my friends and family members). I'm sure without them these would have never tasted soo good!

8 comments:

Shikha said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Yogesh Goel said...

we miss u too man..
saala ab hum gine chune 3 jan hi bache hai....
sad!!! sigh!!!

A said...

top 13? ye to 11 hi hain!

Yogesh Goel said...

@Anjuli itna bhi jaldi mat pado...
guess u read the bold ones...lols..

are thik se pad...
13 hai....will notification....

lol

Yogesh
ygoel.com

Ankit said...

nice list... i wud hav added may be Anand's RAwa dosa.. :)

VT said...

@ Yogi - It's sad, indeed :(

@ Anjuli - You've already got the reply :)

@ Ankit - Yups, Anand's south indian dishes are good but there are a few places in Mumbai which serve equally good south indian dishes. In fact, there is a guy in Ghatkopar who serves over 50 varieties of dosas (I've tried just 7 of them till now, though) :)

A said...

@Yogesh and Vivek: okay baba!

Vikash Agarwal said...

Hey man even i miss these 13 items and our friendz group a lot.....the golden days of my life!