Friday, July 03, 2009

ECG of LIfe!


Thanks to my whims and fancies, recently, I got myslef into some trouble and botheration which was uncalled for. Given my traits and behaviour, this wasn't something new for me since that is how I have grown-up and now I have started accepting such situations as part of the routine life. But my indifference to the grave situation was certainly a cause of concern for my well-wishers, and it seemed difficult for them to accept my indifference.

And then I shared the analogy of the ECG (ElectroCardioGram). Probably, we all have seen the ECG of the heart. How does it appear to be - ridges and troughs or ups and downs (in medical terminlogy, represented by the P, Q, R, S, and T waves). And what does the ECG show when a person is dead - a constant straight line!



The situation is similar to what keeps happening in our day to day lives. We all desire stability, which is nothing but a CONSTANT STRAIGHT LINE - it implies DEATH! Perhaps someday we would appreciate that the ups and downs are symbolic of the existence of a normal and healthy life. Then only we would be able to accept the so-called bad or troubled phases of life as a routine activity.


2 comments:

Yogesh Goel said...

only thing in this world which is permanent is CHANGE.

no change, no life.

good write up..
good judgement...

Yogesh
ygoel.com

VT said...

yups...reminds me of a wallpaper i had seen once (guess you too would have seen it)...a beggar leaning on a wall with a bowl for alms in his hands and guess what was written on the wall - ALL I NEED IS CHANGE! :)